Helping teachers and their classrooms
We understand the importance of helping teachers fulfill their classroom missions. That is why we provide assistance through the generosity of our members and partners.
2021 ACTIVE TEACHER GRANTS ARE READY TO GO, DOUBLE!
Due to the complexity of events surrounding the beginning of the 2020 school year, IRTF postponed the 2020 Active Teacher Grants. Now we look forward to giving double funding for 2021!
About the grants
- This program provides one-time grants to active teachers who foster creativity in the classroom.
- A maximum of $500 will be awarded per grant and a maximum of four grants will be awarded in each of the 10 IRTA Regional Areas.
- These special grants will provide additional funds to public school educators (Pre-K through 12) so that their students will have the means to participate in special projects. Participants must be Teacher Retirement Fund (TRF) members.
- Funds may be appropriated in the areas of resources, leadership, research, or materials used by an active Indiana public school teacher.
- The applications window is between Aug 15, 2021, and Sept 30, 2021. Materials must be electronically received or postmarked by September 30, 2021.
Please send applications to:
Indiana Retired Teachers Association Foundation
2629 Waterfront Parkway East Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46214
Active Teacher Grant Committee
Ellen Mulford, Chair