Helping teachers and their classrooms
We understand the importance of helping teachers fulfill their classroom missions. That is why we provide assistance through the generosity of our members and partners.
2020 ACTIVE TEACHER GRANTS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL 2021.
Due to the complexity of events surrounding the beginning of the school year, IRTF has decided to postpone the Active Teacher Grants for 2020. We look forward to giving double funding for autumn 2021 to account for this difficult decision. Thank you for your understanding.
About the grants
- This program provides one-time grants to active teachers who foster creativity in the classroom.
- A maximum of $500 will be awarded per area and a minimum of one grant will be awarded in each of the 10 Regional Areas.
- These special grants will provide additional funds to public school educators (Pre-K through 12 who are TRF members) so that their students will have the means to participate in special projects.
- Funds may be appropriated in the areas of resources, leadership, research, or materials used by an active Indiana public school teacher.
- The application and materials must be electronically received or postmarked by September 30.
Indiana Retired Teachers Association Foundation
2629 Waterfront Parkway East Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46214
Active Teacher Grant Committee
Robert Suhrheinrich, Chair