9 Steps, 5 Ingredients, 1 Delicious Treat: Toffee Crackers Recipe
January 3, 2022
This toffee crackers recipe is the perfect wintertime treat. This is one of the easiest candy recipes to make. Just five ingredients are all you need to make crunchy, buttery, decadent toffee!
If you’ve never made toffee, don’t worry! The only difference between making caramel and toffee is instead of boiling water and sugar, it’s butter and sugar. This creates a firm candy, but one that flakes and melts. This texture is perfect atop the crispy crackers and combined with smooth chocolate.
Not only do the crackers give the toffee an extra crunch and enhance the buttery flavor, the mix of the crackers saltiness with the toffee’s sweetness is absolutely sublime.
What You’ll Need:
- Ritz Crackers ✅
- Butter ✅
- Brown Sugar ✅
- Chocolate Chips ✅
- Sea Salt ✅
How To Make Toffee Crackers
- Line the baking tray with parchment because this is going to get sticky!
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In an even layer, place the crackers along the bottom of the pan.
- Place your butter and brown sugar in a pot and heat until completely melted. Boil for 2 to 4 minutes. Don’t stir or the caramelization process could crystallize and be ruined. Immediately pour the toffee over the top of the crackers. Use a spatula to spread the toffee across the crackers.
Note: Sugar maintains heat so be careful not to touch it when spreading the toffee.
- Put the tray in the oven for 5 minutes to help thicken and set the caramel. Make sure the toffee bubbles and reaches its second boiling point, setting the candy to become toffee.
- Remove the crackers and place them on a heat-proof surface.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips as soon as the toffee is out of the oven. The heat should be enough to begin to melt the chocolate. Place the tray back in the oven to help the chocolate chips melt.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the tray even if the chocolate chips haven’t melted completely (you don’t want to risk burning the chocolate and ruining the whole pan), and immediately spread the chocolate chips with the spatula.
- Once the pan has cooled off, put it in the fridge to finish setting for about 2 hours. It will get hard enough that you can “crack” it or slice through it with a sharp knife.
You and your family can enjoy this delicious treat right away or you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for 3 months. Let us know what you think and what recipes you’d like us to share in upcoming articles!
Is Using Your Phone A Pain the Neck?
Bad Posture While Using Your Device Can Injure Your Neck Do you have tension in your neck, shoulders, or even in your upper
Helping Your Hands: Preventing and Treating Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Ever notice your hands feel weak and tingly after a day typing away at the keyboard? This could be a symptom of carpal tunnel
See Elvis’s America with AMBA Passport
With Baz Luhrman’s new smash hit film “Elvis” reigniting passion for the King of Rock and Roll, there
Burger Night with a Healthy, Delicious Twist: How to Make Salmon-Spinach Burgers
When you think beyond the usual combos, a whole new world of juicy flavor awaits. With this recipe from one of our readers, we